Friday, March 12, 2010

I made it through

Well, all of you know what the doctor said and it has taken me a couple of days to calm down and come back to earth. Going to the surgeon is always scary for me - it is dealing with the whole cancer thing. The good news has taken a couple of days to sink in - that I don't have to do anything for six months - then I go back to the surgeon. I keep telling myself "I made it through!" Now I think I have pushed a too much this past week - I was in a rush to get out of my healing cocoon - an image my friend gave me. So the last couple of days and including this weekend (since it will rain all weekend) I am going back into my healing cocoon so the discomfort in my incisions can heal and the pain will go away - that is my primary focus.

Something else that has floored me in the last couple of days is getting back to life. Everyone says it to me as if this were an easy thing - it isn't - at least least not for me. In dealing with cancer I have dealt also with death and life and now it comes time to ask the questions I have put off because of my focus on surviving the surgery and conquering this cancer. So here is a venue to at least start putting the questions out there. By putting the questions out there they then stop running around in my head and I can begin to consider how to handle them. So here are some the questions running around in my head:
Do I change my job? Do I try to do something with my creativity?
How do I continue to share my love, especially with those I have grown close to over the last 7 months?
How do I find others ways to share my love, through activities -
Do I stick with activities I am ready involved with?
Do I find new activities that combine my interests and will give me a chance to meet new people and make new friends?
How do I keep my creativity going?
When to get back to losing weight and building my strength back?
How do I continue to find my happiness - what do I need to do to make that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment